Posts for tag: Custom Orthotics
Custom orthotics can alleviate foot, leg, and lower back pain by providing additional arch support, cushioning, and stability. Orthotics, also called orthoses, are devices that are inserted in the shoes to correct an irregular walking pattern. We offer custom orthotics at Complete Foot & Ankle Specialists in Bellefontaine, where Dr. Eric Anderson, Dr. Richard Jennings, or Dr. Melitta Simmons can help you decide if custom orthotics are right for you.
How Orthotics Help
Orthotics help correct irregular or abnormal walking patterns that can lead to pain in the feet, legs, knees, hips, and lower back. Orthotics help by providing additional stability, cushioning, and arch support. It is possible to purchase over-the-counter orthotics and they can provide some relief. However, for maximum cushioning, stability, and support, as well relief from pain, custom orthotics are best. Custom orthotics are made to fit your unique foot structure so they can correct a wider range of symptoms.
Custom orthotics help in the following ways:
- Improved alignment in the feet and lower extremities
- Reduced strain on the feet and ankles
- Relief from pain and discomfort
- Improved stability and balance
- Additional cushioning
- Better arch support
Types of Custom Orthotics
We offer three types of custom orthotics at our office in Bellefontaine. Our experienced podiatrists can recommend a custom orthotic that can best meet your needs.
- Rigid Orthotics reduce pain in the legs and lower back by correcting foot positioning when walking. Rigid custom orthotics can benefit patients with pain in the legs or lower back due to an irregular walking pattern.
- Semi-Rigid Orthotics provide stability and improve balance by correcting foot positioning and alignment. Semi-rigid custom orthotics can help athletes and patients with flat feet who need additional arch support.
- Soft Orthotics provide support, cushioning, and shock absorption, while alleviating pressure on the balls of the feet. Soft orthotics can benefit patients with arthritis in the feet and ankles, as well as patients with foot deformities or diabetes-related foot problems.
Custom orthotics might be just what you need if you are experiencing foot, leg, or lower back pain after walking or running. The podiatry professionals at our office in Bellefontaine can fit your for custom orthotics. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Anderson, Dr. Jennings, or Dr. Simmons, call Complete Foot & Ankle Specialists at (937) 599-3668 for the Bellefontaine office or at (937) 322-3346 for our Springfield location.